Thursday, November 8, 2007

#14 Technorati

After doing a basic search on "learning 2.0" in Technorati I found 6,548 posts on my search term. However I don't know that they were all entirely relevant! I also found 804 blogs in the same search, and 20 videos as well as heaps and heaps of photos. Interestingly, looking at some of the photos, they did not ALL look entirely relevant to "learning 2.0" either! However maybe this is because people have posted these photos as part of their e-learning on Web 2.0 and tagged it accordingly.

When I went into the Advanced Search section this is where I found the ability to not only search on tags, but also search URL's and the Blog directory.

When searching "learning 2.0" in the advanced section I got very different results. The number of posts reduced, and the number of blogs increased. Videos and Photos remained similar. In my tag search on "learning 2.0" I still found 655 posts.

However I thought I would try limiting my search like I do when Googling. That is, I put talking marks on either side of my search phrase, and the results were very interesting. I was able to limit the number of posts down to just 107. So through this exercise I have learned more exact searching of blogs than I thought would have been possible.

For a little fun, I thought I would see what there was on preschool storytime.

Here is an example of a preschool storytime video I found through using Technorati :

1 comment:

Webgurl said...

Must have been a very interesting story. One kid looks asleep :-)

Another thing to think of when videoing storytimes is copyright. Some people only use stories that are freely available.

Cheers, webgurl