Sunday, November 18, 2007

#20 You can YouTube

I find this video hosting site fun and interesting. Some of it is educational, some edutainment and other parts just downright funny!

During my exploration of YouTube I came across this advertisment for storytime at the McCracken County Public Library :


I hope you had a laugh like me!

On a more important note though, it just shows you how maybe we could be having YouTube videos to help with customer service in libraries. Maybe one on how to use the catalogue, or an advertisement for our much more interesting storytimes(!), how to use the online databases available via the website, etc. - I could just keep on brainstorming forever!

Another positive I liked about YouTube is how easy it was to search, thanks to tagging.

As a TAFE teacher, as well as a librarian, I now have a great avenue to get some lighthearted videos on relevant subjects to feed into a class as well. Adding another dimension and hopefully more enjoyment to some of my classes. If only I had of realised sooner!!!

No comments: